For Pirjanian, Moxie is an attempt to rethink what human-machine interaction can look like: by a creating socially and emotionally intelligent robot friend.
Pirjanian says, "We literally have the potential to help the next generation of children have much higher EQ and the soft skills that will help them grow to healthier, more balanced people in society."
A total of 51 families completed pre- and post-assessments and were included in our analysis. Findings indicate that after one month of interacting with Moxie:
- 71% of children made SOME improvement in social skills
- 50% of children made SIGNIFICANT improvement in social skills
- 69% of children made SOME improvement in behavior
- 49% of children made SIGNIFICANT improvement in behavior
- Neurotypical and Neurodiverse children improved equally on social skills
- Biggest areas of change: communication, social engagement, emotion regulation